
Going through my stash yesterday, I came across an old bugaboo. I dyed the above yarn last year for the Dye-O-Rama Sock Yarn Swap, and sent half of it to my swap pal in Germany. The other half was going to be become socks for me, but before that could happen, while it was still on the swift, it somehow became tangled beyond all understanding. The more I messed with it, the more snarled it became, until I could skein it up only by breaking the yarn into lengths as I untangled it. At some point I tired of the project and gave up. This is what I have now: a tiny skein and a big snarl. What to do? I could maybe make a pair of Stitch-n-Snitch's uber-cute baby socks. But the rest? Do I cut my losses and throw it away? It's a dilemma.

This is one leg of a pair of pants that I'm making for Baby J. I'm using KnitPicks Shine sport. It's a project that I pick up only when I need a break from lace socks and shawls. It's fun to imagine the kid finally getting to wear them. Speaking of which, C. asked me the other day if J. would be born wearing clothes, and what would those clothes look like? The ensuing conversation was very entertaining.

6 comments:
Give me the snarled yarn and I'll fix it for ya! ;)
I agree with Teri. The yarn can be saved! Bring it on Tuesday and we'll all have a wack at it.
It's a great colour, I hope they save it for you!
I'm thinking about you, sweets.
What?! No baby here yet? I haven't been able to get anywhere near the computer in the past week and fully expected to see he had arrived, and if not fully clothed, at least quickly, and in woolens:)
To be honest. At first glance I wasnt quite sure what I was looking at.
Post a Comment