I made baklava last night, something I haven't made in years. Now that it's cooled and ready to eat, it's hard to keep from diving in and covering myself in the phyllo, nut, and honey perfection. When I was kid, I always asked for this for my birthday cake. As an adult, I've put my own stamp on the Middle Eastern classic.(I was inspired by a recent trip to Mazza, one of my favorite restaurants, and by Artmomma.)


6 comments:
Sticky honey goodness, yum! I was thinking about you last night, wondering if you had popped yet:)
Hair looks good, belly loooks great, can we start guessing the weight of the little fella yet, I reckon 8lb 9.6 oz!
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Now how would you explain the Baklava-covered belly to your OB?
That looks sooo good!
MMMM. Baklava! I love that stuff! I cannot go at Christmas time without Baklava and egg nog. I have never thought to ask for it as a birthday cake. I have just always associated it with Chistmas.
Post a Comment