I always knew I'd be a mother, but I never expected to have four children by the age of 28. As John Lennon said, life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. I sometimes find myself wondering with slight disbelief how my life came to be the way that it is. I'm happy, but I'm exhausted. My body is slowly recovering from the hard work of giving birth. I'm very much focused on the Now of my life, if you will, the immediate moment in which I exist. It makes me very contemplative.
This is the scarf that I thought had "taken". I was mistaken. I frogged it and reknit the linen in a Feather and Fan lace repeat of my own devising. The first object I knit was a really ugly scarf in Lamb's Pride bulky with orange, red and yellow stripes. I haven't knit a scarf for myself since, but I think it's time. I've started several over the years, but I've been dissatisfied with them all and each was frogged long before completion.
I'm gonna knit myself a scarf if it kills me, dang it. Here's what's happening now:

8 comments:
The scarf looks like a nice easy, beautiful knit. Stay in the moment..it's a nice place to be. Jonah is so sweet.
I liked the old one, but your new pattern is much prettier!
Jonah looks just like Walker!
Both J and the scarf are beautiful!
J looks like he's contemplating life aswell, very deep! I'm contemplating knitting a silk scarf with some handspun I've just finished...but think it needs careful design...I like yours though.
Oh what a sweet boy you have there! I love the scarf too. I am so bad at scarves...I get so bored with them. So, good for you doing one! :)
He is so beautiful!
Being a mother is possibly the greatest gift you can give to the world - you have the opportunity to contribute more problemsolvers. Love the color of your scarf. Cherish the now.
Post a Comment