Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A Screwdiver for Buddha and a Double for Me.

Good grief. So how was the bag exhange at S'n'B? I was devastated that I couldn't come. I had to in Utah effing Valley. In Provo. For a bother-in-law here suddenly from Philly who we haven't seen in over two years. And his child, who is one and a half, who we had not had the chance to meet. So there was that. And it was okay. Tuesdays are always freaking crazy for me anyway--everything always happens on Tuesday. Saturday night was when I was last planning to blog but Camille split her forehead open right before dinner and required stitches so I spent five hours at Primary Children's ER (the nurses kept calling her "Harry Potter in room 4") being harassed by an incompetent resident whose hands shook as he stitched her up. I think he was harassing me to cover up his total inexperience. I could have done a MUCH better job myself. Next time I'll just give her a swig of whiskey and sew her up myself. And tomorrow my brother is arriving from New York with his new girlfriend and they're staying in my basement and I am SO not ready. So that's that. As I near a nervous breakdown I am repeately asking myself, "What would Buddha do?" I think he would pour himself a screwdriver and knit in bed for the rest of the day. Don't you think?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

At my house Buddha likes to take nips from both the tequila bottle in the fridge and the Bailey's in the cabinet. He doesn't bother with a glass...

Anonymous said...

Budda wanna appletini?

Love the bag you made me!!!!!!!! I'm using it right now. Also, I have the one Jessamyn made you--call/email me and I'll get it to you.

Kit said...

Should've come over to my place. There was knitting and when my cousin sliced his hand open by rollerblading in the house with a glass plate in his slippery hands, my uncle the dentist quietly stole over to his office, gave the kid a shot of anesthetic and sewed it right up without a second thought.

My aunt had a fit, but my cousin's fine, though still chronically stupid and still rollerblades in the house (when I don't yell him to take the DAMN SKATES OFF ALREADY BEFORE I HURT HIM WORSE THAN THAT PLATE EVER DID *fistshake*).

Ahem, anyways, sorry you didn't have a good Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

glad to hear someone else has hairy tuesdays! sorry you had to spend it in the e.r. but that's just being a good mommy...

Stitch-n-Snitch said...

Maybe you should just have a shot of single-malt whiskey and call it good?! ;) Sorry life's been crazy; we've missed you!

Miriam said...

I don't know what Buddha would do, but I would go on a rampage and kick everyone out of my house so I could have total silence. Hope Camille is healing well.