Thursday, March 16, 2006

On my Big and Small Needles.

The Sally Melville gauntlets are coming along very slowly now because I don't travel with them anymore now that I'm doing the shaping. And I keep putting them downt to work on other stuff. But I love knitting them--they're really satisfying. The rainbow stuff on the 10 and 3/4 circular is the back of a babysweater that I started before bed last night for the silent auction fundraiser that Walker-Boy's school is having in April. I have to thank Susan for the advice on what to make. Hopefully it will go for at least what it's worth. I had forgotten what fun it is to make baby stuff--it works up so fast.

In other news, it turns out that Jessica Simpson, that individual known for her deep thinking, doesn't even like Bush anymore. The Man's approval rating is something like 37%. It's almost too good to be true (but it is, or we'd all have woken up from the nightmare eons ago). Will it mean anything in this non-Presidential election year? Maybe, maybe not. (How's that for profound analysis?) One can always hope.

P.S. My hair has calmed down a lot, and hopefully it looks pretty good now. Also, for those in the know, I'm back on the Lent wagon except for a nibble of a certain child's Nutella-slathered bread yesterday. Thanks for asking. And oh yeah, the Matrix in the mix? It was the long coats, which were, admittedly, true to the historical style, but still, did Kathy, I mean Lizzie, really have to stand on the cliff blowing in the wind? On the other hand, I loved how earthy and accurate the staging, scenery, and costuming were. It waren't all bad.Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clearly you're not cut out for this Lent thing. ;)