Wednesday, March 29, 2006
If Books Were Food, This Would Be Caramel Popcorn.
I mentioned a book last night at Stitch'n'Bitch and I promised Teri the link. Here it is: Angus, Thongs, and Full Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison. It's the first in the Confessions of Georgia Nicholson series, of which there are now six or seven. Even Neefer read them and laughed. A lot. I brought them home from the library because a former coworker at the SLCPL (a middle-aged gay man whom I adored, the least snarky person in my whole somewhat snarky department, and they can't Dooce me because I already quit them) suggested the books when I was looking for books on tape for Nephi to listen to as he commuted. I hadn't read them before that because, frankly, the cover looked a little trashy. But it was another example of wrongly judging a book by its cover. Vair, vair, and thrice vair funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'll check it out! ;)
I love that book. Brit YA yet quality chick lit. I was disappointed in the books that followed though. They just seemed to rehash the exact same story line.
Post a Comment