Thursday, July 26, 2007

Harry Potter, I Think I Love You.

You know what? J. K. Rowling's writing has certainly gotten better as she's come along. I really loved book 7. While the plots have always had me going, it's nice that the writing and character development are now a little more worthy of the exciting storylines.

The Harry Potter release party was the first night off I've had in about two weeks from working on the damn house. I brought my camera, but forgot the batteries in the charger back home. Nephi stayed home with Skye (who is every inch a two year old), and I took Walker and Camille (aka Ron and Ginny Weasley) and put Jonah (yup, that's his name) in the babysling. The folks at the King's English DID have cameras though--look.
The whole block in front of the bookstore was closed to traffic and the party was huge.

I also saw the biggest shooting star of my life that night. I was stunned speechless at first, and then I shouted for everyone to look, and the entire crowd turned their faces skyward. It was amazing. Time slowed for that brief moment as the meteor, appearing almost as big as the moon, fell earthward. It was, if you'll pardon the phrase, magical.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh--it sounds amazing.

I LOVED the book, too. Let's get together to talk about it--or anything. I do miss yous--and I have many boxes to pass along. . .

Anonymous said...

Book 7 was amazing! It tied up a lot of loose ends I had questions about. I couldn't have enjoyed it more!

Anonymous said...

I mostly loved it. Although there were a couple of things that bugged me. See you Tuesday??

erin said...

Wow, you kids really could be the Weasleys. Adorable!
I loved the book too, especially the epilogue.

Anonymous said...

Cool about the shooting star.

I once saw one in the desert like that. I swear you could hear it sizzling as the giant thing zoomed by.

blithe & bonny said...

Amen sister! Not only did I love the book but now I feel I can finally breathe a sign of relief in knowing what happened in the end! Love you & miss you.

Amanda said...

I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for the support regarding my pattern in Magknits!