Saturday, April 08, 2006

On the Mason-Dixon Girls. And Stuff.

I'm back in the state of Utah and I'm pooped, but I'm making small inroads towards catching up on everything, including what Eliza refers to as The Internets. New York was wonderful, and now that I've recovered a bit, I'm trying to figure out why we don't live in Manhatten. Then I think about real estate values and I remember. But then I forget again. I loved Manhatten. Our skanky little hotel was right on the corner of 80th and Riverside drive, putting it smack in the middle of the west side of the upper west side. We were two blocks from H&H, three from the Museum of Natural History, and four from Central Park. Lotta fun. Skye is now conditioned to being held at almost all times due to the fact that I hardly put him down the whole trip. One of the times I did put him down was when we were in Seaport Yarns; a photo of the event is commemorated on the Mason-Dixon blog. Do ya'll know how weird Seaport Yarns is? It's a crazy place. Great prices on yarn, but it's in some sort of office/apartment and there is stuff EVERYWHERE. I don't even know how to really describe it and I was too star-struck to take a picture of the layout, much to my regret. You actually have to sign in with the guard at the front desk before you're allowed on the elevator. It was fun to meet everyone at the Mason-Dixon Knitting book signing. Kan and Ann were marvelous (see above), and everyone, but everyone, knew of Margene. A lady on the street (who I now know as Karola) saw my mother and me wandering lost while wearing handknits and she asked if we were looking for the knitting booksigning. We said yes and she promptly took us to the shop, and while en route we told her that we were from out of town. As soon as we said Salt Lake City, she wanted to know if we knew Margene. I also got to meet Cara and ... other nice knitters. It's a bit of a blur now. But it was magical. This is one of the many blurry photos that I took (or had other people take) before I realized that my camera was on a weird setting and it wasn't just the lighting. So it kind of accidentally captures the surreality of it all. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool is that!

Anonymous said...

It was so great to meet you and Skye and your Mom (? - yes? Someone said Camille was your mom.) Happy Birthday SKYE!!!!!!!

As fun and crazy as Manhattan is, I bet you'd start to miss those mountains and clean air. ;-) But come visit ANY TIME!