Sunday, January 06, 2008

Progress Report.

It's been a while, so here's a look at what's brewing and what's sleeping in my knitting basket.

This is one leg of the Baby Bell Bottom Pants, worked in Knit Picks Shine Sport. I'm still trying to decide what's going to happen to it--better decide soon since it's for Jonah.


This is two skeins worth of a Noro Striped Scarf. The reddish yarn was over-dyed with some black Wilton cake dye but it totally split on me. It still doesn't work. I gotta buy another skein or two, really, and rip back a little to get this to a good place.


Ah, Madli. This is Madli's Shawl, by Nancy Bush. My first lace pattern. She is very much hibernating. The yarn is Kauni, and I love it, so I will finish. Eventually.


Madli close up:

Finally, I cast on last night for The Koolhaas for The Neefer. He never asks for anything, so when he does express interest in a pattern, I must comply. I have no choice. And I love that he's so excited about it--he even went to the yarn store and chose the yarn himself. Which is good, because I never would have picked out this color for him, but I'm very happy with it.


P.S. I went to Susan's last night for some assistance with the wheel, and after being perplexed about why the Mother of All wouldn't turn, we figured it out, greased her up, and she spun like a dream. I have miles to go before I get decent yarn, but the process of sitting and sinning is so addictive.

ETA: Sinning is addictive, no? Spinning is too.

7 comments:

Cheryl S. said...

Sitting and sinning? Is that a Freudian slip? ;-)

Anonymous said...

I like the Noro scarf the way it is.

Kris said...

I'm halfway through Koolhaas and aside from the fact that I was post-op and on painkillers for the first repeat and completely botched most of one of the cables-only rounds (and, more entertainingly, did not care enough to stop and fix it - they gave me good drugs), I love it. Once I learned to cable without a needle it started flying by.

And I know we all tend to put aside other more necessary things for knitting/spinning/fiber-ing in general, but surely it's not a sin... ;)

Anonymous said...

Koolhaas is a bitch. I think it might be worth it, but it does make my hands hurt.

Lovely scarf, too--all your photos are beautifully knit.

Come visit me again sometime. I's missin' yo face!

Anonymous said...

yeah, well, I meant your photos are beautifully LIT. But your wips are beautifully knit, so there's that.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that lace looks awesome.

Also, I like the baby pants.

I still think you're looking too closely at the Noro scarf, but you must do as you must do.

Erin said...

I can't believe you have a wheel now--you are so tough. I think all your WIPs look great--and your lace, well, it is lovely.